Friday, June 25, 2010

Dragon Sketch

I'm doing a label for a line of fair trade hand roasted organic coffees.

Amazing Origins has a coffee cart inside the Isis bookstore in Denver, CO. If you live in the area you should drop by - both are worth the stop.

This is my preliminary sketch. I'm always hesitate to show people my rough drafts, because they looks so, well . . . rough. But I think you lose something drawing and re-drawing. I like to keep the sketch somewhat loose and go from there.

So here it is for the world to see - my naked little rough sketch. Next I'll put it on watercolor paper and start the inking, then the painting. I'll post the inking stage in a couple of days.

Guess I better get back to work.

2 comments:

Icats Nitram said...

I will tell you right now that this Amazing Origins Barista loves it!

Kerri said...

thank u for sharing the sketch. i love to see the stages art goes thru! can't wait to see it with the watercolors! :)